Nick is in an awkward situation (you can sense his discomfort by the tone of his voice!). He calls his friend Tyler to try and get some help, but will Tyler be able to lend him a helping hand? Click the link below to find out and do the follow-up activities to activate your vocabulary. Enjoy!
- Does Tyler agree to put Nick up for the night immediately? Why not?
- Why is Celine reluctant to let Nick sleep at their house?
- Why can’t Nick afford a hotel room to spend the night?
- How does Tyler feel about this situation?
Find words or expressions in the dialogue with the following similar meanings:
a- Answer the phone: ___________________________________
b- Disappoint him: ______________________________________
c- Be in the same situation as someone else, especially an unpleasant situation: __
d- Embarrassing; difficult or uncomfortable: _________________________
e- Very angry or annoyed with someone: ___________________________
f- Resolve differences or find a way of dealing with a difficulty: ___________
g- Resort to; turn to: ____________________________________
h- What’s new?; how’s it going?: ______________________________
i- Strange: _______________________________________
j- Provide accommodation for someone: _____________________________
k- Not much; nothing of importance: _____________________
- Have you ever been in an awkward situation? What was it?
- Have you ever had to put up a friend for the night? What happened to him/her?
- Has anyone ever been mad at you? What did you do to him/her?
- Have you ever gotten into a serious fight? What happened?