Click the link below to listen to the dialogue “A new supplier – I googled them and guess what I found out?” and then do the activities that follow.
Dialogue comprehension – True, False or I don´t know?
1. Damon can´t go out for lunch with Howard today.
2. Howard doesn´t like eating at the company cafeteria.
3. Damon has been working on the sales report for about a week now.
4. Both Howard and Damon think they should find out more about the office equipment supplier.
Focus on words & expressions – Find words or expressions in the dialogue that mean the same as:
1. The top boss; the most important person in an organization: _______________
2. Schedule a meeting: ______________________________________________
3. I have no idea: ___________________________________________________
4. Send an e-mail or e-mails to someone: ________________________________
5. Finish it: ________________________________________________________
6. A company that sells the same products or services as another company: ____
7. Sales representatives: _____________________________________________
8. A computer program for financial calculations: __________________________
9. Eat something: ___________________________________________________
10. As soon as possible: ______________________________________________
11. Search for information on the Web, normally using the Google search engine: _
12. A self-service restaurant, often in a factory or an office building where people select their food and drink at a counter and take it to a table to eat: __________________
13. Postpone until a later time: _________________________________________
14. Overburdened with work: __________________________________________