Dear fellow ELT teachers,
Many ESL/EFL students ask their English teachers for conversation classes. They say they just want to “practice conversation”. So how should we teachers go about teaching “conversation classes”? What does that entail?
And what do even “advanced” students need to learn anyway? Even when they say they just want to have “conversation classes”?
The truth of the matter is that we know we need to provide them with more than just opportunities to talk. We know that crucial advanced vocabulary must be revisited and that the four skills (R, W, L and S, you sure know the drill!) must be addressed.
These are some of the things I had in mind when planning and researching for the brand-new LET´S TALK ABOUT IT! – The Ultimate ELT Conversation Book, my twenty-first publication.
With emphasis on fluency development and speaking skills, this book will get your students talking more while improving their overall knowledge of vocabulary (Phrasal Verbs, Idioms, everyday Colloquial Expressions and Slang). A 360 degree approach to language learning where the four skills (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking) come into play.
Some highlights of the book include:
- Great for online & in-person conversation classes– Ideal for B2/C1 level students
- 31 units – including one on the Pandemic: Lessons from the Pandemic
- Up-to-date and engaging dialogues – Free audio available via QR CODE (print book & e-book)
- 589 Idioms & Phrasal Verbs introduced in a lively and easy-to-understand manner
- A good variety of activities to help students recycle and consolidate vocabulary
- 100+ hot topics to talk about: 558 discussion & conversation questions
- Can be used as a standalone book or as supplementary material
- Detailed teacher´s guidelineson how to use the book + Key to Exercises
Cool feature: You can scan (paperback & e-book) the QR CODES with your smartphone to listen to the dialogues.
In short, this new ELT book helps students expand their vocabulary, hone their conversational skills and improve their fluency.
A must-have for ESL/EFL teachers and students around the world!
A BRAND-NEW ELT BOOK!
LET´S TALK ABOUT IT! – The Ultimate ELT Conversation Book, now available on the Amazon stores of the following countries:
If you´re based in Brazil the paperback is available at a discount price on UICLAP!
240 pages – 31 QR-CODES for the audio tracks (dialogues) “even the paperback comes with built-in technology”
José Roberto A. Igreja is the author and co-author of several ELT books, including:
600 Phrasal Verbs (with Jonathan T. Hogan)
Fluent Business English (with Robert C. Young)
English for Job Interviews (with Robert C. Young)
Essential American Idioms! (with Joe Bailey Noble III)